Click thumbnails to enlarge
porch, dormers, bay windows opt.
See 11 photos of this model
Modular Home Advantage
Green Living with Modular Homes
Modular homes were green long before the word became a catch-phrase in the home building industry. Modular building techniques are extremely efficient and produce less waste than typical methods. Even in this already eco-friendly climate, Homes By Vanderbuilt is raising the bar for green living.
As of January 2011, all of the homes offered by Homes by Vanderbuilt will surpass, not merely meet, the stringent requirements of the Energy Star rating. Energy Star is a joint program run by the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy. Earning the Energy Star means a home or an appliance has met the strict guidelines of energy efficiency set by these two demanding agencies.
Owning an Energy Star modular home is more than just a title. It’s a way to save money on monthly bills. These homes can save their owners hundreds each year and up to $10,000 over the course of a mortgage. Plus, they reduce the amount of CO2 a home expels into the atmosphere.
There are a number of options to create the most energy-efficient home. Homes By Vanderbuilt homes can include nearly every one. In fact, they offer some homes that are designed to achieve the highest rating offered in the Energy Star program: the coveted 5 Star performance rating. These homes may cost as little as an estimated $19 per month to heat and cool.
Insulation is one way these modular homes conserve energy and lower energy costs. They use spray foam insulation rather than traditional batts and rolls. This product is literally sprayed into the area it insulates either with small spray containers or a larger pressurized system. Spray foam creates a tighter seal by getting into every crack and crevice and fitting even irregularly shaped walls and attics.
Radiant barrier sheathing is another way of keeping costs down in the attic. This barrier reflects up to 97% of the sun’s radiant heat off of the roof of a home. Attic temperatures are lowered and heat does not penetrate into home’s the living space.
The sun’s energy can overheat a home but it can also be harnessed to help make the home more efficient. Solar powered vents can put installed into any Homes by Vanderbuilt modular home to further reduce attic temperatures and reduce cooling costs.
There are also ways to reduce energy costs inside a modular home. LED lighting can shave dollars off of the monthly bills. On-demand water heaters use less far less energy yet can still provide an entire family with hot morning showers. Of course, the more familiar Energy Star-rated appliances like refrigerators and oven can be installed into any Homes by Vanderbuilt home as well.
If keeping costs down and reducing a home’s carbon footprint is important to you, then an energy-saving modular home from Homes By Vanderbuilt is a great choice for your next home.
Homes by Vanderbuilt
3300 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Sanford, NC 27332
Vanderbuilt Exclusive Series by Nationwide
2016 Vanderbuilt Exclusive series
- Built to exceed Residential Building Code
- Complies with “Energy Star Standards” (certification available)
- Home built using GREEN techniques
- 2x6 Exterior walls 16"oc with R-19 insulation
- 2x10 Floor joists 16"oc with R-30 floor insulation
- 9’-0” Ceilings with R-38 insulation
- 6/12 to 12/12 Roof pitch - (Depending on house )
- Architectural shingles
- Carpet and vinyl tiles floor coverings
- 2 Panel interior doors (options available)
- Marsh cabinets with Deluxe features
- Crescent edging on counter tops with ceramic backsplash
- Large crown accents with smooth ceilings
- Ceramic shower and tub platforms -on most homes
- Ridge vent ventilation system
- Vinyl insulated “Low E Glass” windows with argon gas
- Additional items included
- 36” average high block foundation
- Transportation of modules to the building site
- Crane expenses
- Placing of the modules on the foundation
- Installation of exterior siding and shingles
- Interior trim and carpet installation
- NC State sales tax
Standard features are subject to change without notice